Saturday, December 13, 2008

Two New Jobs

As of recently my brother in law, Harlen and I both started new jobs! Both of the jobs have proven to make us happy thus far.

Harlen, whom recently worked at the Kansas Department of Health as an Epidemiologist (in Topeka, KS) started work on December 1st as a Senior Epidemiologist/Researcher at Cerner Corporation in Kansas City, MO. Harlen and Liesl both recently (on Oct 1) moved to a beautiful new home in Lawrence, KS. Liesl commutes to Topeka, where she works for Safe Streets as a Public Health Educator. Harlen commutes the opposite direction to Kansas City. For those of you not familiar with the area, Lawrence is in the middle of Kansas City and Topeka. There is about an hour drive West to Topeka from Lawrence and about an hour drive East to Kansas City from Lawrence. I wish they would sell their home and move to Kansas City in a year or so...it just makes sense:) I am working on it, trust me!

As for me, I started work at Enterprise (the rental car company) right after graduation, back in January of 2007. After 22 months with them, I was approached by another company and decided it was time for a change! I started work for Crown Industrial Distributors as their Account Manager in mid-October. I am still getting the hang of things, but every day my comfort level with the Industrial industry seems to go up. Overall, it was time for a change and definitely a good move for me. I am excited to be working for them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you guys on the new jobs! Awesome! :)